Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a fast, easy, delicious way to have your "apple pie", without all the work!
- 3 large golden delicious apples, peeled,cored,and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 16 shortbread cookies, crumbled
- 1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt or 1 pint ice cream
- Combine apples, sugar, water, and cinnamon in a med.
- saucepan and simmer over medium heat.
- Cover and stir occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for 5 more minutes, until apples are soft and liquid is almost evaporated.
- Sprinkle half of the cookie crumbs among 4 goblets.
- Divide the frozen yogurt or ice cream between the goblets, and top each with a quarter of the apples.
- Sprinkle the tops with remaining crumbs and serve right away.
Lucky, lucky me!!!! We love apple pie and what a quick and easy way to have it without all the trouble of making pie dough. Problem is, I may NEVER make apple pie again, now that I've found this recipe!! I served this in my BIG (special ordered from a restaurant supply house) martini glasses and what a beautiful presentation it made!! This is definitely a dessert I will make for guests. Down home taste, served elegantly! Thank you so much for sharing this, dear friend! :-)
We are in Syria right now and wanted to make a desert for friends but without an oven we couldn't make a real apple pie. This turned out to be the perfect solution. The ingredients are so basic we had no trouble finding what we needed, except for the ice cream which we substituted with sweetened cream, drizzled overtop of the apples and cookie crumbs. The end result was incredibly tasty and comforting. We made a double batch and every last drop was eaten up, much to the delight of our dinner guests.