Recipe by ciao
This is a fast, easy, delicious way to have your "apple pie", without all the work!
Top Review by Merlot
Lucky, lucky me!!!! We love apple pie and what a quick and easy way to have it without all the trouble of making pie dough. Problem is, I may NEVER make apple pie again, now that I've found this recipe!! I served this in my BIG (special ordered from a restaurant supply house) martini glasses and what a beautiful presentation it made!! This is definitely a dessert I will make for guests. Down home taste, served elegantly! Thank you so much for sharing this, dear friend! :-)
- 3 large golden delicious apples, peeled,cored,and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 16 shortbread cookies, crumbled
- 1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt or 1 pint ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apples, sugar, water, and cinnamon in a med.
- saucepan and simmer over medium heat.
- Cover and stir occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for 5 more minutes, until apples are soft and liquid is almost evaporated.
- Sprinkle half of the cookie crumbs among 4 goblets.
- Divide the frozen yogurt or ice cream between the goblets, and top each with a quarter of the apples.
- Sprinkle the tops with remaining crumbs and serve right away.