Recipe by Chabear01
This recipe is out of "Home Cooking Magazine". This gorgeous rustic tart is sure to impress guests (but only you need to know that it's even easier to assemble than a typical apple pie)! Dark or light corn syrup can be used. but dark syrup will give you a rich molasses flavor.
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml corn syrup
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 4.92 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 2 large apples, cooking type, cored, peeled, chopped
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place pie crust in a 9-inch tart pan and leave the sides long and free-form.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Add pecans and vanilla, and teaspoon of melted butter and mix well. Set aside.
- Toss apples with lemon juice. Spread apples on bottom of pie crust and pour pecan mixture over apples. Fold edges of pie crust over filling.
- Bake pie until set, about 45 to 50 minutes.