Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is out of "Home Cooking Magazine". This gorgeous rustic tart is sure to impress guests (but only you need to know that it's even easier to assemble than a typical apple pie)! Dark or light corn syrup can be used. but dark syrup will give you a rich molasses flavor.
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large apples, cooking type, cored, peeled, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place pie crust in a 9-inch tart pan and leave the sides long and free-form.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Add pecans and vanilla, and teaspoon of melted butter and mix well. Set aside.
- Toss apples with lemon juice. Spread apples on bottom of pie crust and pour pecan mixture over apples. Fold edges of pie crust over filling.
- Bake pie until set, about 45 to 50 minutes.
I am plannning to make this recipe but am wondering how the butter is used. Legs
THIS WAS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!! I made it in a *heart-shaped springform pan, and baked it for 49 minutes. I didn't use quite all the apple, and even though it was probably thicker, it was definately done in the same amount of time. (*It was an insert that went inside a 9" springform pan, and it worked out beautifully!!!) I did put parchment paper under it, and it didn't stick at all, not even the sides which I didn't even grease or anything! DEFINATELY company-worthy!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH for such a wonderful recipe!!! I'll be making this a LOT!!!!!!!!! :)