Recipe by tazdevilfan
This is a very easy, quick and delicious brunch item. When they taste the nutty apple pie filling tucked inside the creamy vanilla sauce draped over the tender crepes, everyone "oohs" and "aahs" between bites. Prepare a big batch—people tend to go back for seconds and even thirds!
Top Review by Potluck
I had some leftover cracker barrel fried apples #52553 and gave this recipe idea a try.I made crepes #106262.I also used #72298 vanilla sauce recipe..A nice way of using apples..Nice nutty flavor..
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 prepared crepes (7 inches each)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine pie filling, pecans and cinnamon; mix well.
- Spread 2 rounded tablespoonfuls down the center of each crepe; roll up tightly.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-14 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the egg, cream, sugar and extracts. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 5-6 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 2 minutes. Cool.
- Serve over crepes.