Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
What a sweet first course for any meal!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 large leeks, chopped (reserve green parts)
- 5 parsnips, peeled cut into chunks
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, cut into chunks
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 pinch sugar, salt & pepper
- In a large saucepan melt butter.
- Add parsnips, leeks, apples and stir until softened, about 20 minutes.
- Add water, bring to boil, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree with hand blender (or in batches in blender) adding milk.
- Add sugar, salt & pepper.
- Cut green part of leeks into thin strips and use as garnish.
My husband and I both enjoyed this sweet, delicate soup that uses yummy parsnips. I have a hard time using water in a soup, so I couldn't help myself and used 2 cups of apple juice and 2 cups water. Now that I've tried it, I will plan a dinner for friends with this soup as a starter and see if they can guess the secret ingredient.