Recipe by mmlwjr
This is soo good, hot or cold even in lunches, I got from some recipe mom had hid away in her collection
Top Review by ~*Sarah*~
Divided the recipe by three for just me and my hubby, used a single large Japanese red apple and replaced the vanilla with burbon (out of vanilla.) Was wonderful- smelled great cooking and tasted lovely, though it looked a little strange.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 apples, peeled & grated
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Put first 3 ingredients in bowl, cut in butter till crumbly.
- Add milk, form into 2 balls or leave it in one.
- Roll into a rectangle (13x9) sprinkle with cinnamon to your taste, cover with apples, sprinkle with sugar then sprinkle more cinnamon.
- Roll up like a jelly roll, the large side.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Sauce: mix all together till the butter melts and sugar is dissolved (it will be runny but that is good cause it is absorbed by the dough).
- Pour into 13x9 dish, pour sauce in pan then add the cut pieces of the roll down in the liquid.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350°F.
- Maybe inverted on a serving dish and served with ice cream or whipped cream.