Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is from Robin Hood's 10th Anniversary 1992 cookbook. This pudding has a wonderful texture and flavor. Pour warm maple syrup on top to perfect this dessert. Note: To test doneness, insert a knife in the centre and it should come out clean.
- 7 slices raisin bread, cubed
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and chopped (2-3)
- 3 eggs
- 1 (385 ml) can 2% evaporated milk (partly skim)
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- maple syrup, warmed
- Combine bread cubes and apples in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in evaporated milk, water, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread mixture, moistening bread completely.
- Place in greased 8" square or 9" round baking dish. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Place dish in a larger pan. Fill pan with hot water to 1" up sides of pudding dish.
- Bake at 350 deg. F. for 60 - 65 minutes, or until set and top is golden. Serve warm with maple syrup.