Recipe by ~Leslie~
Absolutely the most delicious, moist cake ever with a decadent topping. Very simple to make, my family just loves this!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Yes, awesome is the perfect word to describe this wonderful moist cake! It really deserves more than a five star rating. I made this cake using half and half in place of milk and used fresh pears, and cut down the sugar a bit. The caramel topping was just to die for on the cake. I baked mine in my air convection oven at 325 degrees, and was done in 40 minutes. I can't wait to make this cake again, it was just delicious! Sarahsmomi, thank you so much for sharing another winner!...Kitten:)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 cups raw diced apples or 4 cups pears
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 lb butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all cake ingredients by hand in order given.
- Pour in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan or springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes and remove.
- In saucepan mix all ingredients and bring to a slow boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour over cake and return to oven for 4 minutes.