Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an adaption on a recipe I got from this site recently that I loved for Banana muffins by lil_cook. Pretty healthy and very popular at my office today...
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick oats (not instant)
- 1 (425 g) can pie apples, mashed (apple sauce would probably do)
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup canola margarine, melted (or substitute)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Stir dry ingredients together.
- Add apples and peanut butter to the mix.
- Mix the melted margarine with milk, eggs, vanilla and raisins.
- Pour into the dry mix and stir well, but just enough.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Makes 24 medium size muffins.