Golden Raisin Oat Bran Muffins
photo by Elly in Canada
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup well-shaken buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup mild honey
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup golden raisin
- Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in middle. Butter muffin pan.
- Whisk together flour, oat bran, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, honey, butter, and eggs. Add to dry ingredients along with raisins and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake until a wooden pick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Turn out onto a rack to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have made these muffins twice recently, I added a teaspoon of pure vanilla to the liquid ingredients. First time I added golden raisins, second time I used a few raisins, some dried cranberries and a few pieces of dried apricot that I had soaked in orange juice. I really enjoy this recipe, not too sweet, very tasty and great with coffee in the morning!! I will definitely make these again!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Self-employed, married, no kids, 2 dogs. Travel buff, foodie, and am better skilled than an average cook. Dislike shallowness, dishonesty and selfishness and love to meet others who are straightforward and forthright yet polite. I love to cook challenging stuff, but it always has to taste great for the recipe to make it into my permanent colection. </p>