Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is very easy and a very nice treat if your not in the mood for a chocolate type of bar. Kind of like an apple cobbler bar.
- 2 cups oats, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT applesauce and nuts; mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup mixture. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of pan.
- Bake 15 minutes; let cool.
- Spread applesauce over partially baked crust; sprinkle with nuts.
- Top with reserved 1 cup oat mixture.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack, then cut into bars/squares.
So easy to make with ingredients that most cooks would have on hand. I made these for a fundraiser at DH's work place. The dish was picked clean and everyone loved them. Thanks for the recipe.
These bars were awesome! when I mixed the ingredients I was a little worried the end product would be pretty dry, but they weren't at all.I baked mine on 325 for 15 minutes and then back in the oven they went for 20 minutes after adding the nuts,applesauce,and the topping.I will be saving this recipe for sure. Thank you!
These are great! Quick and easy and very good! I used Trader Joe's natural Chucky Applesauce and skipped the nuts. My son loved them. Thank you