Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is very easy and a very nice treat if your not in the mood for a chocolate type of bar. Kind of like an apple cobbler bar.
Top Review by mums the word
So easy to make with ingredients that most cooks would have on hand. I made these for a fundraiser at DH's work place. The dish was picked clean and everyone loved them. Thanks for the recipe.
- 2 cups oats, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT applesauce and nuts; mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup mixture. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of pan.
- Bake 15 minutes; let cool.
- Spread applesauce over partially baked crust; sprinkle with nuts.
- Top with reserved 1 cup oat mixture.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack, then cut into bars/squares.