Recipe by mandabears
This is a really easy, really delicious way of making a great kugel. The recipe calls for wide noodles and I will post it that way, but I prefer medium noodles. The recipe was in a pamphlet from Comstock-Wilderness and we enjoyed it, I hope you do too.
- 16 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 cup sugar
- 21 ounces apple pie filling
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins, I use golden raisins
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Place cooked noodles in a 9x13 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, apple pie filling, eggs, sour cream, vanilla and 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon.
- Pour apple mixture over noodles and sprinkle with raisins.(I lightly stir mixture at this time).
- In a medim bowl, combine cornflakes, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Sprinkle over entire top of noodles.
- Top with butter pieces.
- Bake 45 minutes or until brown and bubbly.