Recipe by Pam Walk
This is an old recipe I saw demonstrated on TV. I made it and it's really delicious. May want to cover the edges of the pan with foil at the end of baking, so the noodles don't get crisp.
Top Review by Clifford Boren
I rarely give five stars, but this one is worth it. I added another tbs of vanilla and a whole gang of cinnamon. Threw in some slivered almonds to make it crunchier. Also, you can use Equal instead of sugar and make it healthier.
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2-1 cup melted butter or 1⁄2-1 cup melted margarine
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup golden raisin (optional)
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored and shredded
- 1 lb medium wide egg noodles, cooked (al dente)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix all ingredients together in a very large bowl.
- Spread into pan.
- Sprinkle top with cinnamon and bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.
- Can be served cold or at room temperature.