Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious apple cinnamon muffins, and pretty healthy too!
Make and share this Apple 'n' Spice Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Combine apple, egg, milk and butter; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined but not overmixed.
- Spoon into lightly greased or paper-lined muffin cups, filling almost to top. Bake in 400F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden and tops firm to the touch.
Yummy muffins. I was attracted to this recipe because it was lighter in fat and sugar than most of the other recipes I looked at. I used more apple than suggested since I was trying to use up some apples that were too tart. I also added a bit of splenda to the apples since they were so tart and a bit extra cinnamon just because. I gave the top a small sprinkle of cinnamon sugar before baking. Very nice recipe, thanks for posting.