Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted this for another zaar chef, have not tried this yet myself. This recipe comes from Sandra Woodruff RD Fat Free Baking Cookbook.
- 2 -3 cortland apples, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole milk
- 2 whole fresh eggs
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- Chop apples roughly.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- Grease muffins tins lightly.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Beat eggs, mix in the oil and milk.
- Add wet mix to the dry mixture and stir JUST until combined.
- Add apples and stir again, just til mixed.
- Pour into muffin pans.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- This is the original oven temp, and time.
- I usually bake everything moderate heat, 350 degrees, so the timing is about the same, or 30 minutes.
I found the aroma and flavor of these to be very good! Smelled like an apple pie while baking. I used Splenda for the sugar. Thanks for posting.
this is the first recipe on here which me and my family did not like. after putting all the ingredients together the batter was very stiff, so added a bit more liquid, and when they were done we tasted them and it tasted nothing, very flat flavor, so we tried 4 and the rest went in the garbage, not a recipe we will be keeping.