Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
When we have church fellowships everyone loves to bring new dishes...A friend of mine brought this and it was definately a hit! And it is so easy!
- 1 large granny smith apple, chopped in small pieces
- 2 (8 count) packages crescent rolls
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter (best to use real butter)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (12 ounce) can Mountain Dew soda
- Place sugar, cinnamon, and butter in sauce pan.
- Heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Separate crescent rolls.
- Put approximately 2 teaspoons of apples close to the wide end of each triangle.
- Roll dough to form a crescent.
- Place the rolls in a greased 9" x 13" pan.
- Pour cinnamon/butter mixture over the crescent rolls.
- Pour Mountain Dew over last.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 35 minutes.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Great recipe ~ big hit everytime I have made. Try it with sliced canned peaches, also very good!!!
I tried this tonight.Only had 1 package of rolls so I used 1/2cup butter,1/2 cup sugar,1tspn cinnamon and 1/2 cup pop...it turned out perfectly.The sauce thickened and everything was cooked just right.I will be passing this one on-many thanks for a fast, easy yummy recipe!
I made a recipe very similar to this tonight. The only differences were that I added 1 t. vanilla and I only used 8 oz. of mountain (it was too runny with 12 oz). It was SO good! My friends all loved it and wanted the recipe. Thanks for posting! Update tip: I like this better with one can of apple pie filling instead of real apples. Just put a couple teaspoons of the filling in the crescent rolls and roll them up (don't worry about excess oozing out). If you have leftover filling you can just mix it up with the butter/sugar mixture. Make sure to wait the full 15 minutes before eating. They set better that way. Serve with extra sauce on top of each roll.