Recipe by Oolala
From Kosher Tasty Meals, Kadimah Toras-Moshe Cookbook. It's different from the other apple meatloaf recipes posted. This has ground beef, onion, apple, ketchup, honey, soy sauce, egg, and bread crumbs. Yet to try it.
Top Review by KeeperAtHome
This was very good, my family enjoyed it. It was a very different type of meatloaf and we enjoyed the change. I think I would probably double the topping next time, I like a little more sauce with mine. Thanks for sharing! Made for My 3 Chefs Fall 2009 event.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup apple, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 apple, with skin on, cored, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix beef, bread crumbs, onion, eggs, diced apple, soy sauce, and salt and pepper, to taste in a bowl,.
- Form meat mixture into a loaf and place on a baking pan.
- Insert the 8 apple wedges into the top of the meatloaf.
- Combine the honey and ketchup and drizzle it over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in preheated oven or 1 hour.