Autumn Apple Meatloaf With Apple Glaze
photo by SandwichQueen
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small tart apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, pork, beaten egg, minced onion, finely chopped apple, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Blend together well w/ clean hands.
- Shape mixture into loaf and place in a baking dish.
- Mix together all the apple glaze ingredients in a seperate bowl and set aside.
- Bake meatloaf 350 degrees for 45 minutes. After 30 minutes, evenly pour the apple glaze over top of the meatloaf.
- Return to 350 degree oven and continue to cook for about another 45 minutes -- basting with your glaze every 15 minutes, or until done and no longer pink.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!