Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
MMMM good and easy to make.
- 4 tart apples, such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small orange, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 small lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Prepare fruit, rind and juice. Place in bowl.
- Stir water and sugar in large saucepan on medium heat until mixture boils. Add fruit mixture. Return to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally for about 45 minutes until fruit is clear and mixture thickens. Cool a small spoonful to room temperature on chilled saucer to see if it jells. When jelly stage is reached fill hot sterilized jars to within 1/4 inch of top. Seal. Makes 2 half pints.