Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great twist on Apple Pie! Although I've listed it as a 'dessert' it is also wonderful served alongside a roasted chicken, turkey or whatever is your choosing.
- 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 (20 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup quick oats
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- Prepare lasagna according to package directions; drain.
- Spread one can apple pie filling in a greased 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan, slicing any extra-thick apples.
- Layer four pieces of lasagne over apples.
- In a bowl, mix together ingredients for cheese filling: ricotta cheese, egg substitute, almond extract and 1/4 cup white sugar.
- Spread evenly over lasagne and top with the remaining four pieces of lasagne.
- Spoon remaining can of apple pie filling over lasagne.
- In a small bowl, crumble together topping ingredients: flour, cinnamon, margarine, 6 tablespoons brown sugar, quick oats and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle over apple filling.
- Prepare sour cream garnish by mixing sour cream and remaining brown sugar.
- Bake at 350º F for 45 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Cut into serving pieces and top with a dollop of sour cream garnish.