Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
3rd place winner submitted by Bettylou Orshal. I found this recipe in The Evening Times Holiday Cookbook newspaper. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 10 ounces Equal sugar substitute (10 packets)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup light whipped topping, plus 2 tbl
- In a mixing bowl combine Equal, applesauce, egg and molasses. Mix well.
- Combine flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda. Add to the molasses mixture.
- Fold in chopped apples. Pour into a greased 8"-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 350 for 30-35 minutes or a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cut in squares and serve with a dollop of whipped topping.