Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious combination of Autumn favorites. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Make and share this Apple Ginger Cranberry Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 package refrigerator pie crust (Pillsbury or your favorite)
- 4 lbs golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, stir together the apples, cranberries, crystallized ginger, sugar, salt, flour, lemon juice.
- Pour into 9" deep dish pie shell lined with pastry.
- Cut remaining crust into strips and weave on top of pie to create lattice top, or place whole crust onto top and cut slits in top for venting.
- Bake at 400°F for 1 hour in lower third of oven, covering edges with foil if getting too dark.
- Transfer to rack for cooling, serve with vanilla ice cream.