Recipe by InnerHarmonyNutrition
This is more like an idea for quick, healthy breakfast. This is so much more satisfying than eating a simple apple. An apple gives you a lot of fiber, vitamins and minerals. Also, the apple and cinnamon regulate your blood sugar. The nut butter and walnuts give you protein, and chia seeds and walnuts give you omega-3 fatty acids needed for healthy brain and heart. I actually eat this for lunch quite often. For more healthy, gluten-free pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- 1 apple (preferably organic)
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (I used hazelnut butter)
- 1⁄4 cup berries (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up the apple and place in a dish.
- Sprinkle nuts. Drizzle the nut butter. If the nut butter is too thick, dilute with some hot water.
- Add some berries on top (if using).
- Sprinkle chia seeds, coconut flakes and cinnamon powder.
- Infuse love and dig in!