Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A co-worker brought this pastry recipe to work one morning during the holidays. It just melts in your mouth and the flavors are so wonderful. If she hadn't given me a copy of the recipe, I never would have guessed you use Mountain Dew. This will quickly become one of your favorites! February 2004, I just wanted to update this recipe. I've been using Splenda and Diet Sierra Mist in place of sugar and Mountain Dew. It still tastes the same.
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 ounces Mountain Dew soda
- Peel and slice apples into 16 slices.
- Roll 1 apple slice into each crescent roll and place into 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a sauce pan (do not caramelize)!
- Just enough heat to melt the sugar.
- Pour over rolls, sprinkle with cinnamon; then pour Mountain Dew over the top of rolls.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Then cover with foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Amazing recipe, I made it once following the recipe and it was good. Then a made them again with the apples tossed in cinnamon and sugar and also baked for 10 min before the sauce was pored on and they turned out so much better.
Absolutely delicious! I only made half the recipe because it's just the 2 of us,but it is melt in your mouth yummy. I didn't change a thing. Next time I'll try it with low fat margerine because of DH.
I can't believe I haven't rated this for as many times as I have made it!! This is absolutely delicious!! And SSOOOOOO easy its almost wrong lol The only thing I did differently than the recipe was to wrap the apple in the crescent rolls and pop them into the oven for a bit before adding the sauce they we're alot less soggy that way. Though they were delish soggy or not:) but if you want them to look pretty as well as taste great try baking them 5 or 10 mins first till they raise a bit, then pour the caramel sauce and pop over it. Thanks so much for sharing TwinTwo!! PS: Debbie I cut the sugar down and they turned out just as wonderful as the first time!!