Mark O.'s Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the baguette into 1-inch slices and arrange slices in a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- 2In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, baking powder, and vanilla.
- 3Pour the egg mixture over the French bread slices, turning each to coat completely.
- 4Cover the dish with plastic wrap and let stand until all of the liquid is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes.
- 5Lightly grease another 9" x 13" baking dish.
- 6Place the sliced apples in a layer along the bottom of the pan.
- 7Sprinkle brown sugar, cinnamon and corn starch over the apples.
- 8Arrange the soaked bread slices over top and brush with melted butter.
- 9Sift top with powdered sugar or pour over maple syrup.
- 10Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 11To serve, lift toast onto plates and spoon hot apples over top.
- 12To top off, either sift powdered sugar or pour on hot maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Dapple French Toast Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.8
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 117.6 mg
- Sodium 262.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g