Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The culmination of these ingredients give this dish a refreshing departure from the traditional apple crumble. This is very healthy and a wonderful dessert. Variation, top with a little honey for those with a sweeter tooth!
- 250 g dried apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 10 strawberries, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- Soak dried apples in a bowl of hot water for 1 1/2 hours. (Peel and
- cubed fresh apples can be used too)
- Soak raisins in bowl of hot water for 1 1/2 hours.
- Place strained apples and walnuts into a flan dish, sprinkle with
- one teaspoon cinnamon.
- Puree raisins then mix in sunglower seeds and almonds.
- Spread puree and nut mix over the apples.
- Decorate with strawberries and kiwi fruit.
- Variation - top with a little honey!