Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A quick and easy apple crisp to bake along with an oven meal. Delicious served warm with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of real whipped cream.
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, packed
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml nutmeg (optional)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 78.07 ml butter, melted
- 4-5 apples
- sugar (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- ice cream (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add melted butter to the flour and sugar mixture.
- Mix with fork until crumbly.
- Core, peel and cut apples into slices.
- Place apple slices in a 9" deep pie pan or 9" square baking dish. Add a little sugar and a dash of cinnamon to the apples if desired (optional).
- Spoon flour/butter mixture over the apples, covering apples completely.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Serve in small dessert dishes, or wide mouth wine glasses, with ice cream or real whipped cream topping.
Yummy apple crisp. A bit too sweet but so good. But I may try to reduce the sugar another time. Very easy to do. Thanks foodtvfan :) Made for PRMR tag game
Delicious apple crisp!!! I just loved the crispy topping and I had no troubles with it at all. I cut it down to one serving and breakfast treat! Definitely a crisp I will make again. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR Tag game.