Recipe by foodtvfan
A quick and easy apple crisp to bake along with an oven meal. Delicious served warm with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of real whipped cream.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 4 -5 apples
- sugar (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- ice cream (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add melted butter to the flour and sugar mixture.
- Mix with fork until crumbly.
- Core, peel and cut apples into slices.
- Place apple slices in a 9" deep pie pan or 9" square baking dish. Add a little sugar and a dash of cinnamon to the apples if desired (optional).
- Spoon flour/butter mixture over the apples, covering apples completely.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Serve in small dessert dishes, or wide mouth wine glasses, with ice cream or real whipped cream topping.