Recipe by Sasha_ab
A wonderful comfort food that is simple and easy to make. The kids love it and it keeps well , that is if your husband can stay away from it. It's a Canadian favorite.
Top Review by Hugce
Sasha-ab...Great apple crisp. I added about 1/4 cup lemon juice to the apples. Next time I will stir brown sugar into the apples. I also added brown sugar to crumb mixture. this is a keeper. Thanks
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (to dot apples)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 10 apples (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven 350 degrees, Peel and slice apples enough to line a 9 x 13 pan.
- Fill up the pan it will cook down.
- Dot with marg.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar this is to your families taste.
- Mix flour, Oatmeal and the 3/4 cup of butter or marg.
- till it is crumbly.
- Pour on top of the apples and press down.
- Bake until top is brown.
- Around 30 mins.