Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. It was posted by jannineh99. The recipe is by Dame Tooter.
- 4 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced (Recommend Granny Smiths or Golden Delicious)
- 1⁄3 cup splenda sugar substitute (or Nature Sweet)
- 1 tablespoon krusteaz pancake mix (plus 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup naturesweet brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Mix together 1/3 cup Splenda, 1 tablespoon Krusteaz Pancake Mix, and cinnamon. Add apple slices and toss to coat. Spread out in buttered baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, oats, remaining Krusteaz Pancake Mix, and butter. Crumble over apple mixture and bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
- This is great by itself or served over no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream.
- Variations: Use equal amount of Pears instead of apples; use 1/2 apples and 1/2 pears and 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg; use 3 cups peeled, pitted and cubed peaches instead of apples. I double the recipe and put it in a 9X12 pan.