Recipe by Graybert
Comfort food at its best. An easy and tasty dessert.
Top Review by jetta_mel
i had a bunch of apples i needed to use up so i made this recipe in an 8X8 pan, covered with foil and put it in the freezer for another day. popped it in the oven tonight and enjoyed every bite. thank you!
- 6 cups sliced peeled apples
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place apples in a buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine rolled oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Using a pastry blender, cut butter into mixture until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until apples are tender.