Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Comfort food at its best. An easy and tasty dessert.
- 6 cups sliced peeled apples
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place apples in a buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine rolled oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Using a pastry blender, cut butter into mixture until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until apples are tender.
i had a bunch of apples i needed to use up so i made this recipe in an 8X8 pan, covered with foil and put it in the freezer for another day. popped it in the oven tonight and enjoyed every bite. thank you!
Absolutely delicious! I will use this recipe from now on. For years, I had been trying to cut back on the butter - and it never "crisped up" to a delicious, crumbly topping. Well, this recipe did, and I will use it from now on. I added nuts to half of it in the pan, omitted the lemon (since I was using granny smith apples,) and didn't measure the apples - just be sure to use lots, because they cook WAY down. Can't wait to make more!
This recipe was AMAZING! Sooooo good! This apple crisp will NOT last long in the fridge I'll tell you that! Nice and sweet, the apples were tender and the topping was fabulous - love the oats! Best apple crisp yet! Thank you!!! :)