Recipe by Poor College Kid
Delicious and nutritious! Add different spices (cloves, pumpkin pie) to you own taste.
Top Review by sweber
This was a huge hit at a neighborhood gathering. I substituted fresh cranberries for the dried (using an entire package) and substituted walnuts for the almonds. I wound up using 2 apples and 2 pears sliced thinly with the skins on. I served it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Everybody LOVED it! Its a perfect blend of sweet and tart. I will definitely make this again.
- 3 tablespoons butter, reduced-fat
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 pear, chopped
- 2 green apples, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first seven ingredients in a food processor or mix by hand until clumps begin to form.
- Combine fruits and sugar, possibly some additional cinnamon, into an 8-inch baking pan, sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Pour crumble mixture over top and bake on 375 for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and apples are tender.