Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious and nutritious! Add different spices (cloves, pumpkin pie) to you own taste.
- 3 tablespoons butter, reduced-fat
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 pear, chopped
- 2 green apples, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Combine first seven ingredients in a food processor or mix by hand until clumps begin to form.
- Combine fruits and sugar, possibly some additional cinnamon, into an 8-inch baking pan, sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Pour crumble mixture over top and bake on 375 for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and apples are tender.
This was a huge hit at a neighborhood gathering. I substituted fresh cranberries for the dried (using an entire package) and substituted walnuts for the almonds. I wound up using 2 apples and 2 pears sliced thinly with the skins on. I served it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Everybody LOVED it! Its a perfect blend of sweet and tart. I will definitely make this again.
I made this during an overabundance of pear and apples...so basically I was streching for something new. I really enjoyed this dish. The blend of textures was perfect. My son wasn't particularly thrilled with the cranberries, but everyone else who had any loved it. It was so easy to make. Thanks for sharing.