Orgasmic Cranberry Pear Crisp!
This is quite possibly the most amazingly easy and wonderful dessert that I make to date--that EVERYONE goes nuts over. I have never had a bad review yet! It's simply perfect served warm over homemade vanilla ice cream--wonderful Christmas dessert!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 7 firm pears, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (6 cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour (honestly- bleached works best)
- 1⁄2 cup chilled butter
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 pinch salt
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel and cut pears into 1/2 to 3/4-inch pieces to yield about 7 cups.
- In a medium bowl combine pears, 2 cups cranberries, 1/3 cup sugar and lemon juice, and toss; pour into a 9x13-inch pan or 3 quart baking dish (or divide into 8 ramekins).
- In food processor, chop butter till pea size clumps form, add oats, granulated and brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, flour and pulse till large moist clumps form.
- Spoon the 'topping' over the fruit and bake until the topping is brown, crisp, and the fruit mixture is bubbling. About 1 hours 15 minute.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.