Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe was found in Betty Crocker Holiday Easy Entertaining cookbooklet from Nov 02.
Make and share this Apple Cranberry Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium apples, chopped (I prefer Fuji)
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients in 2-quart saucepan.
- Heat to boiling, stirring frequently, then reduce heat & simmer, uncovered about 1 hour, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens & fruit is tender.
- Store covered in a non-aluminum container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
I don't really know what chutney is supposed to taste like, but this is very good! I made as written except I used our own apples and they are really tiny. I tried to estimate how much two med. store apples were, and so I used a generous two cups of my tiny apples. Must have been about the right amount. Thanks for posting!