southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This recipe is a favorite of the New York Apple Association. My 4 and 2 year old love this great healty snack. Think of them as little apple pies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Reserve 1 tablespoon sugar-cinnamon mixture; set aside.
- 2Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Add apples; cook over medium heat until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture, raisins and rum extract. Top each tortilla evenly with cheese to within 1/2 inch of edge. Spread apple mixture over cheese. Spray medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Place 1 tortilla in skillet, filling side up, and heat 1 minute. Remove from skillet; quickly fold in half. Cover and keep warm while heating remaining quesadillas.
- 3To serve, cut quesadillas into 3 wedges. Sprinkle with reserved 1 tablespoon sugar-cinnamon mixture. Sprinkle quesadillas lightly with confectioner's sugar, if desired.
- 4Microwave Directions Top tortillas as directed. Place 1 to 2 tortillas, filling sides up, on waxed paper. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 30 to 60 seconds until warm. Remove from microwave; quickly fold in half. Cover and keep warm while microwaving remaining quesadillas. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cheddar Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (874 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.4
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 132.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g