Recipe by Cookin In Texas
I thought I would share some of my favorites. These are some that I have to make quite often.
- 2 cups apples, chopped peeled
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 325°F.
- Sift baking soda and flour into a bowl, add salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs well.
- Add orange juice, vanilla, oil and sugar,
- Blend in flour mixture with orange juice mixture.
- Fold in apple and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10 cup bundt pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- Remove cake from oven and invert cake onto a large plate or platter.
- Poke deep holes into the top of the warm cake with a straw or wooden stick .
- In a saucepan, bring all ingredients for sauce to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Quickly spoon 1-1/4 cups of sauce slowly over the top of the cake, then pour the remainder down the sides.
- Cool. Serve with whipped cream.