1/1 Photo of Apple Cake Squares
Lovely!! From The healthy kitchen, by Dr. Andrew Weil and Rosie Daley.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- 2Mix the flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda and cinnamon together in a medium bowl and stir thoroughly.
- 3Cream the sugar and butter together in a large bowl.
- 4Beat in the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- 5Stir in the shredded apples and dates until they are completely distributed throughout.
- 6Slowly stir in the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly into the batter.
- 7Spray the bottom and sides of a 9 inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or grease it with butter and pour in the batter.
- 8Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- 9Put the confectioners' sugar in a sifter and dust it over the cake a few times until all the sugar is gone.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cake Squares
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.7
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 248.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g