Recipe by litldarlin
This was a recipe I found in the paper and decided to make it for myself. I didn't change a thing. It is perfect just the way it is.
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla, not imitation
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 -3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups red apples, diced & peeled
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Into a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into first mixture.
- Stir in diced apples and chopped walnuts.
- Put in greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan on a rack for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spread cooled apple cake with cream cheese frosting.
- Serve & enjoy.