1/2 Photos of Apple Butter Muffins
These were a lunchroom favorite for the year I helped cook at a Lutheran School. No need to add spices - they are in the apple butter. Note: Some reviewers shared that these do not rise much and that they made only 18 muffins rather than 24.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 414.03 ml unbleached flour or 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder (aluminum-free if available)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml apple butter (homemade if available)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 141.74 g can evaporated milk
- sugar, to sprinkle
- 1In a small mixing bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 3Add the egg to the sugar mixture; beat well.
- 4Beat in the apple butter and vanilla.
- 5Stir lemon juice into the evaporated milk.
- 6Beating at low speed, alternately add the flour and the milk mixtures to the apple butter mixture until just combined.
- 7The less you mix the more tender the crumb.
- 8Grease or line with baking papers, 24 muffin cups.
- 9Fill each cup 2/3 full.
- 10Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- 11Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes.
- 12Cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Butter Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1055 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.3
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.1 mg
- Sodium 192.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g