13 hrs 15 mins
enderspartan828 the chef's Note:
this is a recipe for an amazing homemade apple butter that you will love
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1peel 5 and a half pounds of apples.
- 2take the core out and finely chop the apples.
- 3place the apples into a slow cooker.
- 4in a bowl add 4 cups of sugar and 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon and a 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves and a 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- 5Pour the mixture onto the apples in the slow cooker and stir the apples Cover the slow cooker and put it on high for 1 hour.
- 6After the 1 hour put the slow cooker on low for 9-11 hours.
- 7once the mixture have turns a rich dark brown color then cook the apples for 1 more hour. Once it’s done stir with a wire whisk.
- 8then the put the apple butter into starrel containers put the lid on.
- 9Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Butter
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.9
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 78.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 161.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 145.4 g
- Protein 1.1 g