Recipe by enderspartan828 the chef
this is a recipe for an amazing homemade apple butter that you will love
- 5 1⁄2 lbs apples
- 4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- peel 5 and a half pounds of apples.
- take the core out and finely chop the apples.
- place the apples into a slow cooker.
- in a bowl add 4 cups of sugar and 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon and a 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves and a 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Pour the mixture onto the apples in the slow cooker and stir the apples Cover the slow cooker and put it on high for 1 hour.
- After the 1 hour put the slow cooker on low for 9-11 hours.
- once the mixture have turns a rich dark brown color then cook the apples for 1 more hour. Once it’s done stir with a wire whisk.
- then the put the apple butter into starrel containers put the lid on.
- Store in refrigerator.