Recipe by Courtly
This has a thin, crunchy crust and a soft, delicious inside. With the butter cream sauce, it's almost like eating candy.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Butter Cream Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to batter.
- Fold in apples and pecans.
- Pour into a greased 10 inch fluted tube pan. Bake at 325 for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- For sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the sugar, cream and vanilla.
- Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and sauce is heated through.
- Slice cake; serve with warm sauce.
- Refrigerate leftover sauce.