Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy to put together and very good! Recipe from the Daily Herald. You do not need to peel the apples. Clean and remove blemishes on apples and chop to 1/3 inch pieces or smaller. You need about 3 medium apples. Serve plain, with a dusting of powerded sugar or a dab of whipped cream or ice cream.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups fine chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease or spray a 10-inch bundt or tube pan (even it if is non-stick).
- Put sugar, eggs, oil and salt in mixing bowl and beat for 2 minutes.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and cinnamon with a whisk. Add flour mixture in three batches to egg mixture and mix afer each addition.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out on serving plate to finish cooling.