Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this in a magazine and tried it.Very inexpensive and very good.
- 4 slices white bread, toasted
- 3 cups peeled and sliced baking apples
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- tear toast into bite size pieces;place in a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- top bread with apples.
- combine both sugars with cinnamon.
- sprinkle over apples.
- drizzle with butter.
- cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- stirring after 30 minutes.
- serve warm with half and half.