Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
SWEET AND SMOOTH WITH ALITTLE KICK TO MAKE IT INTERESTING
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red wine or 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 4 lbs cooking apples, peeled,cored and cut into fourths
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup apple brandy or 1 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Heat juice concentrate, wine and apples to boiling in 4-quart Dutch oven; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered about 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until apples are very soft.
- Mash with potato masher if necessary, to remove all lumps.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until no liquid separates from pulp.
- Immediately pour into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Wipe rims of jars; seal.
- Cool on wire rack 1 hour.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 months.