Recipe by Lou
A delicious combination of apples, cinnamon, molasses,brown sugar,butter and beans. This is a recipe I found in a magazine some years ago.
- 1 (48 ounce) jar great northern beans
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 large cooking apples, cubed (3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt butter, add cubed apples, and cook until tender.
- Add brown and white sugar, stir and cook til sugar disolves.
- Stir in catsup, cinnamon, molasses and salt.
- Add beans and mix well. Pour mixture into a 2 quart casserole.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 1 hour.