Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
This sounds really yum! Recipe courtesy of LifeStyle FOOD. Prep time is an estimate.
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored & thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 150 g plain flour
- 100 g chilled butter, Diced
- ice cream, Double Creme (To Serve) or hot custard (To Serve)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place apple, 2 tablespoons of water, lemon juice and caster sugar in a saucepan. Cover and cook over low-medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes until soft, divide the apples between 8 cup size serving dishes.
- Mix the berries together and sprinkle over the apples, pushing some of them into the apples.
- Place the brown sugar, baking powder, rolled oats and flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Use your fingers to rub the butter into the flour mix until it resembles rough breadcrumbs.
- Top the apples with the crumble mixture and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm, with ice-cream, double crème or hot custard.