- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 roll of store bought crescent roll
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- mixture cinnamon-sugar mixture
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8" x 8" baking pan with non-stick spray and set aside. Hand whip the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract together until well blended.
- Unroll the package of crescent rolls and cut into even halves. Pinch together the seams and place one of the halves into the bottom of the baking pan. Spread the cream cheese evenly on top of the dough and top that with the apple pie filling. If you are using a low sugar or sugar free apple pie filling, you'll probably want to add some sugar or brown sugar to the apples. Top with the other half of the dough and pour the melted butter all over. Sprinkle generously with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until golden brown. Let cool long enough to set the filling before cutting.
- Top with ice cream.