Recipe by Bobtail
Found this recipe on a Hellman's mayo coupon card. Sound delicious, light and refreshing. Posting here for safe keeping. When I make it, my preference would be to use the tuna in the foil packets (no draining necessary). Feel free to use your favorite brand of products. I suspect this would be good using chicken instead of tuna too or served over lettuce, etc :) If you try it, I hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by strangemk ; )
We also had to leave out the dried cranberries, but really enjoyed this tuna salad. We will make this again. Try it, y'all!<br/>Follow-up: Made this again, this time with 7 ounces of tuna, Miracle Whip instead of mayo, golden raisins for the dried cranberries, 1/2 of a chopped Gala apple, and two thin slices of yellow onion. Yum, yum, yum all over again!
- 10 ounces albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked (2 5 oz cans)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup apple, diced
- 1⁄4 cup cranberries, dried
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese or 4 slices muenster cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 2 (8 inch) pita breads, halved