Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the first time that I made Anzac cookies. Even though I use microwave(with oven function). It is a bliss! Smells and tastes very nice! I love the crispy texture!
- 1 cup plain flour or 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Combine the flour (sifted), oats, coconut and sugar in a bowl.
- Melt the margarine and honey in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Mix the bicarbonate of soda with the water and add to the butter and honey.
- Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Knead the mixture and make it into 3-inch round and flat cookies, onto a greased tin leaving as much space again between cookies.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180C for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and seal in airtight containers.