Recipe by rldish
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Why wait for the holidays when you can have the flavors of Thanksgiving in this quick, easy casserole you can make any day of the week.
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 1⁄2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix, divided use
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock, divided use
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place ½ cup of the stuffing mix into a zippered sandwich bag and crush to fine crumbs with a rolling pin or flat mallet.
- Pour the crumbs into a medium-sized bowl, moisten with ¼ cup of the chicken stock and add the ground turkey. Mix well and form into 4 patties.
- In a nonstick or lightly sprayed skillet, brown the turkey patties over medium heat (approximately 5 minutes per side).
- While the turkey is browning, mix the remaining 2 cups of stuffing mix and 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Spread the mashed potatoes on the bottom and slightly up the sides of a 2 ½ quart casserole.
- Layer the moistened stuffing mix into the potato shell and arrange the browned turkey patties on top.
- Cover the casserole and bake for 35-40 minutes until the turkey is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, divide the cranberry sauce evenly over the turkey patties and return to the oven uncovered for an additional 5 – 10 minutes until the cranberry sauce is heated through.